Raw vegan granola with a sprouted buckwheat base, mixed with nuts, seeds, and held together in clusters with fruit puree. 4 flavour variations are provided – Dark Force Chocolate Banana with chaga and maca, Green Vitality with spirulina, Superberry, and Golden Five Spice of Life with mango, turmeric, and Chinese five spice. Enjoy these bites on top smoothie bowls, parfaits, soaked in your favourite plant milk for a softer texture, or directly as a snack.
Raw Sprouted Buckwheat Granola - 4 Variations
Raw vegan granola with a sprouted buckwheat base, mixed with nuts, seeds, and held together in clusters with fruit puree. 4 flavour variations are provided.
- 180 g (1 cup) raw buckwheat groats
- 20 g (2 tbsp) golden flax seed, whole
- 20 g (2 tbsp) golden flax seed, ground
- 20 g (2 tbsp) chia seed
- 96 g - 128 g (2/3 cup - 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp) activated nuts or seeds of your choice (use a mix of 4 types)
- 48 g (3 tbsp) activated nut, seed, or coconut butter
- 24 g (3 tbsp) coconut sugar (optional)
- 480 g (2 cups) fruit of your choice, peeled and pureed
- 90 g (6 tbsp) filtered water
- 30 g (2 tbsp) lemon or lime juice (optional)
- 4-6 tbsp superfood powders and flavouring of your choice (see Notes for ideas)
- 24 g (1/4 cup) coconut flakes (mix in after dehydration)
Sprout buckwheat. Soak the buckwheat in filtered water for at least 4 hours. Drain and rinse well. Sprout in a sprouting jar or colander for 2 days, or until little "tails" are visible. Rinse every 12 hours to prevent mold.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the sprouted buckwheat, flax, chia, and nuts and seeds of your choice, and coconut sugar if using.
In a blender, combine the fruit, nut or seed butter, water, and superfood powders of choice (see Notes section for ideas). Blend on high speed until a smooth puree.
Stir the puree into the dry mix and keep mixing until everything is well and evenly distributed.
Spread the mixture in a thin layer on dehydrator sheets and dehydrate at 46°C (115°F) for 24 hours or until completely dry.
Break the granola into chunks. Add the coconut flakes and dried fruit, if using. Store granola in an airtight container at room temperature. Best consumed within one month.
Darth Force Chocolate Banana Grawnola
- Nuts & seeds: 1/4 cup each hazelnut, walnut, pecan, pumpkin seed
- Nut butter: almond butter
- Fruit puree: banana
- Superfoods & flavourings: 6 tbsp cacao powder, 1 tbsp cacao nibs, 2 tsp chaga extract powder, 1 tsp gelatinised maca, 1 tsp mucuna pruiens, 1 tsp mesquite, 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
Green Vitality Spirulina Apple Grawnola (Nut-Free)
- Seeds: 1/4 cup each hemp, pumpkin, sesame, sunflower seed
- Seed butter: tahini
- Fruit puree: green apple
- Superfoods: 2 tbsp spirulina powder, 2 tbsp lime juice
Superberry Pistachio Grawnola
- Nuts & seeds: 1/4 cup each almond, pistachio, pumpkin seed, sunflower seed
- Nut butter: almond butter
- Fruit puree: mix berries (blackberry, blueberry, raspberry, strawberry)
- Superfoods: 4 tbsp freeze-dried pomegranate powder, 6 tbsp dried mulberries (add in after dehydration)
Golden Five Spice of Life
- Nuts & seeds: 1/3 cup each almond, cashew, 2 tbsp each white sesame, black sesame
- Nut butter: cashew butter + 1 1/2 tbsp tahini (omit coconut flakes)
- Fruit puree: mango
- Superfoods: 1 1/2 tbsp Chinese five spice + 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 6 tbsp goji berries (add in after dehydration)